Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sacrifice

I think that we are so lucky to live in a country that so many men and women are willing to sacrifice for our freedom. Even if I don't always understand the reasons that we fight wars, I am still very thankful that people are willing to sacrifice for my right to disagree with it. There are many men and one woman that I love that are veteran's. I thought it would be appropriate to acknowledge them in my post.
  • Strother Marks (Grandaddy Marks) - he fought in the Battle of the Bulge in WWII and came home after he had his feet frozen and was never able to drive again.
  • O.D. Glass (Grandaddy Glass) - he packed parachutes in the Philippines during WWII.
  • Anna Louise Glass (Granny) - she was a nurse on an army base during the war and treated soldiers getting ready to leave and coming home.
  • James Millard (Uncle Jim) - Drill Sergeant in the Marines and did two tours of duty in Korea, and three in Vietnam, and career military.
  • James Harris (Uncle Jim) - Navy, rumored to be in the Seals, but no one knows for sure. He was in Vietnam, and career military.
  • William Harris (Uncle Bill) - Air Force in Vietnam.

I have tried to remember them all, but I know that I probably forgot some. If I did and you read this, I am so sorry. Please know that I value your sacrifice just as much!

Remember to say thank you to all the veteran's in your life today and say a little prayer for those that are over there fighting for us right now!

No comments: