Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tornadoes

So last night we had our first real Oklahoma tornado scare. It made me thankful we don't live in a mobile home!

I found it kind of interesting but I didn't worry too much. Krystal a friend who has become like a sister to me here was freaked out. Which I found a little amusing since she has lived here her entire life seems like you would get used to it when it happens at least two or three times a year. I managed to get the kids to be calm by keeping the news in the back bedroom and a movie on the TV in the living room.

There are definitely perks to living across the street from the school. Especially when the school is he storm shelter. All we had to do was walk across the street when the sirens went off. We were able to take the dogs. The girls packed a little bag of blankets in case we had to spend the night I grabbed essentials like money and we walked over.

We sat in the hot, stinky junior high school for about thirty minutes then went back home. Everything was fine and passed right over us. We went on with our evening, watched wrestling and got ready for bed. Those boys love their wrestling. It really cracks me up because I remember watching it when I was a kid too. My dad took me to see The Junkyard Dog and Hulk Hogan, but I digress really! :)

Everyone and everything in our little town is fine. I can't say that for everyone in the path of the storm and tornadoes last night, but we came through the event unscathed. I am praying for those who lost homes and livelihood to the tornadoes.

No comments: