Friday, February 4, 2011

Benjamin Asher Cullum

This post is late because our Internet has been sketchy with the weather. Yesterday, February 3, 2011 was Ben's seventh birthday. This post is for him.

Ben,
I can't believe that you are seven years old today. I remember the minute you took your first breath. I remember taking you home from the hospital, and just like today the weather was snowy. You have brought me such joy since the day you entered the world. I am so proud of all the things you have done and I look forward to all the things you will do. But most of all I am proud of who you are becoming. You seem to grow taller and wiser with every passing day. You are a good friend, a good brother, and a good son.

This past year has held a lot of changes for all of us, especially you. You have weathered the storm of changes with such grace that it amazes me. You have started two new schools and you have thrived in both places making friends. You are so smart and kind. I hope you never lose the kindness you have for other people.

My wish for you on your birthday is that you would always look for the good in everyone and everything. I wish for you to find happiness in life where ever you are and whatever you are doing. Always remember that we love you and you always have a safe place to fall.

Love,
mommy

No comments: