Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Checking in...

Okay so I am checking in with my busyness. At least I have someone to hold me accountable. :)

As I tried to slow down today I refelcted on the what the Psalmist said in Psalm 23. He makes
me lie down. These were the questions that came to my mind as I reflected throughout the day...
Why would he use that word? Even in the psalmists time were people so busy that they did not have time to slow down and rest in the Lord?

I am sure that I need Him to make me lie down and rest. This is definitely not something I can do on my own. I find that I am so wrapped up in the daily to-do list that I don't have time for anything else. Everything, even God, becomes part of my to-do list. I would love to say that I am so busy because I have kids, but the sad thing is that I was this busy before kids.

I am not sure where to go from here, but I do know that I feel this pull to slow down. I will keep you posted.

Be still and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I am a friend of the Villasana3 and was reading your blog. I don't have a blog, but enjoy reading them.

I just want to say... I completely understand about being busy! Some days I don't feel like I even stop until I lie down in bed and at that time I realize I haven't even gave God much of my time except to ask Him for small things like... please let my 5 1/2 month sleep 10 more minutes or please help my 3 year old not throw a fit in the store... you get the drift? I'm trying my best to manage my time well, but two kids is a lot more busier than one!

Thank you for your "Thoughtful Tuesday"... it was a great little reminder as I wind down from this extremely busy Tuesday! Look forward to reading more.

Oh- where did you get the Captain America costume? My son loves superheros... especially Captain America.

God bless and may you have a less busy Wednesday. :)

Me said...

Thanks for the comment! I know what you mean about the little things too. Time management just flies out the window until the second one is quite a bit older, so don't lose heart! I will pray for you and your little ones. Life does get better! :)
We got the captain america costume from buycostumes.com
they are running a free shipping offer right now if you are interested!
Have a wonder filled wednesday! Please keep reading, help keep me accountable!