Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Searching for Wisdom

Wisdom is defined as the quality or state of being wise; knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.

Throughout my journey I have sought out wisdom as though it were food for my soul. Gleaning book after book for wisdom and knowledge trying to find just the right nugget of wisdom to apply to that particular part of my journey. Searching for wisdom becomes an all consuming obsession at times.

In all the years of my search, I have met many people and heard many stories. I have read many quotes and studied many manuscripts. I have been lucky enough to experience wisdom in others and the stories of their journey.

I once again have the opportunity to experience wisdom every Wednesday night. On Wednesdays I attend a Bible Study with women who are both older and younger than I. Some nights I have something to offer to the discussion, but most Wednesdays I just sit and listen absorbing the wisdom that these women offer. I feel especially lucky because I am able to be spiritually fed by all these women.

Their gracious nature allows them to accept everyone and speak truth into the lives of others in such a way that you can see God through them. I feel completely blessed to have this opportunity. Not only do these women offer spritual wisdom, but also wisdom about their unique view of the world.

I know I will continue to search for wisdom, but for the next few weeks I am lucky enough to experience it every Wednesday night. Thank you so much ladies. All of you and your experiences mean so much to me.

Psalm 49:3
My mouth will speak wisdom, And the meditation of my heart will be understanding.

No comments: