Thursday, November 20, 2008

Grumpy

Have you ever just felt grumpy? There really is no reason for the feeling, but you have it anyway. I am definitely having a grumpy day. Days like to today I can really sympathize with my preschoolers. It does not make me feel any better, but I do understand why they are sometimes just grumpy. It's a beautiful day, and I have a lot to be thankful for. However, I can't seem to shake this grumpiness. I find myself wanting to bite every one's head off even though they have really done nothing wrong. I keep telling myself to snap out of it, BUT...

So I post, maybe this will make me think of something cheery. The only thing that keeps coming into my mind is the kid's memory verse that we have been practicing. We practice it every time we get in the car, when we say our prayers, and during dinner. They know it so well.

In everything give thanks. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
Should I give thanks for the grumpiness? hmmm...probably not! I think the point is probably that I need to give thanks for what I have and it will cheer me up. So hear goes...

I am thankful for my family and friends.
I am thankful for my health.
I am thankful for my husband.
I am thankful for my relationship with the Lord.

There is so much more I am thankful for, but I do feel better so I will end here for now. Enjoy your day and remember:
In everything give thanks. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Here is an old picture of me and the kids. This one does cheer me up a little. Look at Emily's bald head at about 18 months, and isn't Ben handsome.



No comments: