Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ben's Graduation

Last night was Ben's Pre-k graduation. This was a bittersweet night for me. Ben has been at the same school since he was six months old. He has two other boys that he has known all this time, and he has made many friends and loves his teachers. I am very sad and happy all at the same time. I know that he is growing up and that is a fact of life and I am so happy that he is a healthy, happy, smart boy. But I will tell you that if I could keep him a little boy forever that would be just fine with me.

At the ceremony the director made a PowerPoint presentation for us to watch with pictures of the kids through the years. My favorite part was really the music she used. I loved seeing all the pictures, but the music really touched me. My favorite was a song by Darius Rucker called "This Won't Last for Long". Oh my goodness, this song made me ball. Next year in May we will be watching Em graduate from Pre-K as well. This definitely won't last for long.


The graduate
Ben with Riley his best friend. Ben, Riley, and Alec have been together for five years.
Melanie giving Ben his diploma.
Ben standing with the other graduates while the rest of the boys got their diplomas.
Everyone but Riley.

All the graduates
Ben and Riley

Throwing their hats in the air.

After graduation we had a wonderful dinner with the other parents and the teachers provided by Spaghetti Warehouse. We love all the parents and the teachers. Ben ended up sitting with Riley, and Emily wanted to sit with Ms. Krystal. We decided that since it was a kid free dinner that it was date. :)

No comments: