Monday, June 8, 2009

Crazy Busy Update

I have been crazy busy lately with making stuff and working with both the kids on their reading. Ben can read, he is just not motivated. I am not sure why or what happened, but he is not. Emily is so motivated that it isn't funny. I think her motivation comes from a little sibling rivalry, and mommy time. She is attached to me lately and really wants to spend every minute with me. This in itself is not bad. I know I should relish this time that we have together, but there are times when I just need to be by myself. I love how she helps me with every.little.thing, but the constant momma, momma, momma, sometimes can drive me a little batty. Sometimes you just want to get the clothes out of the dryer, empty the dishwasher, make the beds, and check your facebook without help or a constant conversation. But, I would not trade either of them for anything. 

So I have been working with Ben and we found a computer game that he LOVES so that has helped with the motivation. This morning he read something and he actually said, "I can read, momma!" and I said, "I know you can, Ben. You are a great reader!" I feel like we have turned a corner. Oh and the computer game that we have been using for motivation is: www.wizard101.com. If you watch any Nickelodeon station you have seen the commercials for this I am sure. And, my son is a SLAVE to marketing. I feel sorry for him when he gets older and had real money to spend...he will be up late watching all the infomercials and spending all his hard earned money on Ronco products.  

So this little conversation happened yesterday at lunch and you will understand it a little better with the above context:
E: Bubba, I want to tell you something...
B: I know, I know, I know, Emily (elongate all those words in a VERY exasperated fashion)
E: You know when you play the Wii and computer games...
B: (interrupts) I know I am not moving my body...
E: And Bubba that is not good...
B: Stop it Emily, you are being ignoying...
E: I am just sayin, Bubba!

No comments: