Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Just when you think....

Just when you think things are going along pretty well...things are crazy but good...you get slammed, right?

Well, this is exactly what happened to me yesterday. I had not been feeling well for a few weeks, but it was totally manageable and I couldn't figure out what it was. One day I had a UTI, the next I didn't, then the next it was back again, and then I had a migraine or two...UGH! But I was muddling through it all just fine. Keeping up with most things domestic and work. So yesterday after a meeting I had I noticed that I was having a sharp stabbing pain in my left side. At first it was just a little annoying, but then it started getting worse. By the time I had made it to pick up the kids at school it was MUCH worse, and by the time I went to bed last night I couldn't sleep because it kept waking me up, even after I took pain meds!

So I dropped the kids off at VBS this morning and headed to work, called the doctor and went on about my way. In pain, but moving. My doctor's appointment was at 1:00 this afternoon, and at 1:05 he delivered the bad news...(insert horrible scary movie music here) "You have a kidney stone, and I think it is rather large so you need to get x-rays this afternoon."

I think my entire world came to a screeching halt right then. Kidney stone??? Are you kidding me????? So after going to get my pain meds and lots of junk food because I am not eating anything healthy for the next few days I am sitting in bed writing this post. I will find out tomorrow if I have to go in the hospital for the stone or just have to let it pass...UGH!

Pray for me...ALL of you please pray for me!!!


4 comments:

eleventhirtysix images said...

Oh, goodness. Yuck. (((((((((huge hugs)))))))))

K, L and M said...

OMG!!! that is the worst pain ever!! seriously...stay drugged..I have been in the ER twice in the past 4 years...you'll know when it passes...and hopefully it will on its own..it will be instant relief..but until then, hang in there..and not to sound gross..but, strain your tt!! be prepared for fever and throwing up if it hasn't already happened...don't mean to offend anyone reading these comments.sorry

Me said...

hey k...i am going to email you...thanks....

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hugs and prayers! I know you're scared but really it could have been much worse. I'm sorry you're in pain though!! Now they have treatments that are PAIN FREE that zap the stones to break them up into smaller pieces - I think it's with sonic waves or something. I would definitely ask your doctor about it!