Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March is already here!

I can't believe March is already here. Chris has come home from Dubai and now we are pushing toward our huge family vacation at the end of the month. I have also noticed that I have taken on quite a few extra-curricular activities. I have had to stop and make some priorities, but really I am loving it. I feel like I am doing what I have been called to do. And talk about taking risks! Geez, I am taking risks all over the place these days. My major goal this year is to take risks. Step out of my little box and do something. Well, I am here to tell you that I think I have made a good start.

Let me tell you what I have decided to do so far this year. I am leading my Thursday Night Coffee group and we are slowly working our way through The Shack. Which, as an aside, if you haven't read it is SO good. Do not be turned away by the seemingly unsettling subject matter. I promise you it does not dwell on that part. I have started a writer's group with two other writer friends of mine to help us grow in our writing and keep us accountable for writing. Writer's are not always good with follow-through if you were not aware. :) I am praying about leading a small-group for my church, I still haven't gotten a totally clear answer, but I feel like this is where God wants me to be. I am also participating in a mommy's group through the kids' school. We had our first night out last month and have one scheduled for this month. It is wonderful support since we are all working mommy's who dearly love our children. We can share the joys and sorrows of being a mommy. I am also in a Bunco group once a month with some wonderful women as well. Risks all over the place!

I promise pictures and wonderful stories of the kids soon, but I just wanted to check in since it has been two months since the beginning of the year and I have managed to keep my goals and start working toward them. Usually by now I have thrown the baby out with the bath water so to speak. I feel very hopeful, and I know that has to do with being in God's will for my life. Following Him and trying to listen carefully for His guiding. How are your goals/resolutions going?

No comments: