Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Not much going on...

Well, as I write the title I realize that is not entirely true. Just nothing that seems important to write about today. We actually have ALOT going on these days. I am in full vacation preparation mode. Most of my thoughts right now are geared toward getting ready for our eight day vacation. I am trying to work nonstop to stay caught up at work and actually try to get ahead so I will not have to work while we are in Florida. However, I figure there are worse places to have to do my day job! Reading manuscript while sitting at a pool in the most magical place on earth might actually make it a little fun. Not to mention the cocktails making the edits more interesting. ;)

I did not realize how much I really have to think about to make this vacation run smoothly. I have to pack for the kids, and this is no easy feat. If you have a kid with asthma you know what I am talking about. I am pretty sure everything will be fine since it is so humid there, but I don't want to take any chances and I don't know if the Disney conglomerate has a 24 drug store equipped with a nebulizer. UGH! And then there is the issue of the plane. What do I take on the plane for them to do? We don't have handheld game devices like so many people do for their kids these days. I don't think books are going to do it. YIKES!

Then there is the issue of packing for Chris and I. That is not really that difficult, but how many nice outfits should I pack? Will we really get to go out after the kids are in bed, will we want to? Then there is that weight requirement for luggage these days on top of having to pay for every piece we take on the airplane! Again, YIKES!

Chris will have his birthday while we are there. Do I take his present with us, or do I just wait until we get home, or do I buy him one there?

Then there is the issue of the time of our flight on Saturday morning. We leave Dallas at 7:50am. That means that we will have to be at the airport about 6:30am if not earlier. We are about a thirty minute drive from the airport, so that means we have to be out of the house by 6:00am. What in the world was I thinking?

The last little issue that has come to light in the last few days is that Chris will be traveling that week as well. GREAT! No help that week. He will get back on Friday night before we leave. UGH!

Okay...so I did not mean for this to be a complaining or whining post. I realize that it certainly sounds that way and you all are probably thinking...Oh I feel terrible for her, she is going to Disney World, I feel SO sorry for her. I am just starting to get a little overwhelmed with everything. We have gone on vacation before, but never to this magnitude, and never on a plane. I could pack and pack and pack until the car was full. I even have a luggage rack on the roof so if I needed to add more stuff I could. AND all of this is going on along with everything else in life.

Need to make a list...need to pack a little every night...need to get back to work...

No comments: